NSW has been named as the ultimate destination in terms of adventure travel experiences in Australia, offering more than what the other states are doing, according to global travel authority Lonely Planet.
Lonely Planet’s 1000 Ultimate Adventures features 100 top 10 lists encompassing the very best that the world has to offer in terms of adventure destinations. Published this month, the edition will no doubt inspire countless adventure seekers across the globe as well as arm chair travelers with its epic and local, on land, air and sea adventures and activity lists.
Sandra Chipchase, CEO of Destination NSW mentioned while welcoming the news, that NSW is a treasure-trove of exciting & exclusive adventures and travel experiences all waiting to be explored. She also mentioned that to be recognized by a global travel authority such as Lonely Planet is indeed a big thing and is a testimony no doubt of the quality of their travel products.
Lonely Planet’s 1000 Ultimate Adventures guide lists a total of 9 NSW based adventures out of a total of 58 that made the cut from Australia.
Ms. Chipchase also added that to be selected ahead of the other states in this fiercely competitive adventure tourism segment is an achievement to be savored and speaks volumes about the diversity and quality of the experiences that are offered by NSW.
The final list of the best adventure tourism from NSW was selected by a group of 30 travel writers from across the globe. The adventures are –
- Adventures in Tandem: Abseil in the Blue Mountains
- BestCity Hikes: Great Coastal Walk, Sydney
- Best Hidden Huts & Shelters: Illawong Lodge, KosciuszkoNational Park
- Best Urban Climbing Adventures: Plumbers Mate, BondiSea Cliffs
- Get on Board!: Wakeboarding, Stoney Park, Telegraph Point
- Legendary Odysseys: Captain James Cook Collection, AustralianMuseum, Sydney
- Most Spectacular Honeymoon Adventures: LadyBayBeach, Sydney
- Most Thrilling Canyoning Adventures: Blue Mountains
- Old School Adventures: Australian Billycart Championships, Corowa.